There are quite a few places to stay in Cambridge, some nicer and more central than others. Here are places we would recommend:
1) Crowne Plaza (link). This is a pretty basic but comfortable hotel in the centre of town, about a ten minute walk from Jesus College. It's also close to the main shopping area, and near many restaurants and pubs. I'm negotiating a group rate here, so please email me if you want to stay here. This is not a fancy hotel, but has all the amenities (private washrooms, room service, televisions, etc.) that you might want.
2) Jesus College rooms. These are very basic...just student rooms, and will have no TV and no private bathroom. However, they are by far the cheapest option. I need to book them under my name, so again, contact me if you want to stay here. It's by far the most convenient for the ceremony, but the college only has single and twin-bedded rooms.
3) Other hotels. Some I'd recommend, such as the Garden House hotel (link), which has a lovely location right on the river. There's also the DeVere University Arms (link) which is a very traditional British hotel in a nice location. One other suggestion is the Arundel House Hotel (link), which is located just outside the city centre, but is very close to Jesus College and has a nice location right on the River Cam.
If you fancy having a go at finding your own place to stay, by all means have a look. I would recommend you check your selection with us before you book, as some places that advertise being in Cambridge are in reality either quite far away, or else in neighbourhoods that are less than great.
Friday, 18 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for sharing information about places to stay in Cambridge. I can make an idea about the nature of hotels and select according to my requirement.
Post a Comment